MENU
no-image1-537x350

Shriners, IHOP raise money for Shriners Hospital

February 9, 2015 • Local NewsComments (0)

IHOP Restaurant in Roswell will give a short stack of pancakes free to customers from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on March 3. In lieu of paying for the pancakes, patrons are asked to make a contribution to Shriners Children’s Hospitals. This event is held annually to celebrate National Pancake Day and raise funds for [&hellip...

Read More
SAMSCLUB

CASA gets boost from Sam’s Club

February 9, 2015 • Local NewsComments (0)

Sam’s Club of Roswell donated $10,000 to CASA Kids. Kneeling are Amanda Lueras, left, Chaves County Courthouse dog handler, with Moose, one of two CASA dogs, and Carrie-Leigh Cloutier, CASA executive director. Also pictured are, in no particular order,...

RFD-patch

Roswell Fire Department Call Log — Feb. 6-9

February 9, 2015 • Local NewsComments (0)

The Roswell Fire Department responded to these calls for the following dates:   Feb. 6 • At 9:13 a.m., medical call, 1400 block of Taylor Drive. • At 9:45 a.m., medical call, E Street. • At 9:57 a.m., medical call, 2003 block of East 19th Street....

no-image1-537x350

Unemployment insurance rates down for most employers

February 7, 2015 • Local NewsComments (0)

About 70 percent of New Mexico employers are experiencing lower unemployment insurance contribution rates this year in light of a state law passed in 2013 that changed the way employer contribution rates are calculated in the state. The remaining 30 percent...

TURQOIEZ

The personal toll of Turquoise Health’s impending closure

February 7, 2015 • Local NewsComments (0)

Tena Murfin, left, and her father, Benny, discussed on Thursday the potential closure of Higher Horizons PSR, a facility which is likely to shut down due to Turquoise Health and Wellness ceasing operations in New Mexico on March 31. (Randal Seyler Photo)...

no-image1-537x350

Racial slurs compel father to pull child from middle school

February 7, 2015 • Local NewsComments (0)

Imagine your child coming home and saying someone at school used a racial slur against him. What would you do? For Thomas Davis, father of a former Mesa Middle School boy, he has been attending school board meetings since November. In the three months he has...

RESQUE

Overmier is longtime search and rescue volunteer

February 7, 2015 • Local NewsComments (0)

Richard E. “Rick” Overmier, longtime search and rescue volunteer, is a native of Roswell and a former police officer. (Submitted Photo)   If you ever go missing, Rick Overmier might just come looking for you. Richard E. “Rick” Overmier is a...

GUITARLESSON

School of Rock

February 7, 2015 • Local NewsComments (0)

Guitar instructor Jonathon Gomez helps 10-year-old Jada Wilson Saturday during guitar lessons for youngsters at the Roswell Museum and Art Center. RMAC Education Curator Claudia Gonzalez said “String Theories in Guitar for Beginners,” for youths 6 through...

NUTHINFANCYCOATS

Nuthin’ Fancy makes it official

February 7, 2015 • Local NewsComments (0)

 The Roswell Red Coats assist owner Mitch Jones, center, at the grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony on Thursday.   The Nuthin’ Fancy Cafe is now officially an a-la-carte restaurant with all the well-known favorites on the menu.   The restaurant...

GSCOOKIES

Girl Scouts bring bling to booths

February 7, 2015 • Local NewsComments (0)

Girl Scout Troop No. 14 Brownie Cleofas Serrano, from left, and Cadettes Taylor Langley and Tatianna Torrez raise money outside Roswell’s Peter Piper Pizza for the Girl Scout Council and U.S. military troops. The Girl Scouts created a Winter Wonderland...