4 indicted in El Rancho home invasion

June 8, 2014 • State News

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A grand jury has indicted four men on charges that they forced their way into an El Rancho family’s home to steal a car.

Prosecutors told the New Mexican ( [auth] Friday the suspects were indicted on multiple charges, including armed robbery and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

New Mexico State Police say Anthony Ontiveros, Raymond Vigil, Jesse Cutbirth and Randy Romero entered the home Jan. 28 with guns and a knife and then left in the family’s Toyota.

They say a couple and their adult son may have previously discussed a sale of the vehicle with Ontiveros.

All except for Romero, who remains at large, were arrested in March.

Assistant District Attorney Juan Valencia says the family was scared into temporarily moving out of state.


Related Posts

Leave a Reply

« »