• An officer was dispatched Monday morning in response to $100 in pennies reportedly being stolen from the Roswell district office of the New Mexico Public Defender Department. The pennies were kept in a jar, which had been taken.
• An officer was called to Sunny Acres Senior Assistance on South Union Avenue Monday morning in response to a reported break-in, in which a $10 copper pipe was taken. Damage to the main entry door was pegged at $200.
• An officer responded to a report of larceny from a motor vehicle on Positano Loop early Monday morning. Two pairs of sunglasses totaling $450 in value were stolen. The cost of damage to the handle of a car door was estimated at $300.
• An officer responded to the 1000 block of West First Street Wednesday morning, where almost $1,000 in goods and $260 had been reported stolen.
Among the items taken were $900 worth of DVDs, and a marijuana pipe and Bible case, together valued at $50. There were no signs of a forced break in. It is believed that the culprit entered through the back door, which may have been left unlocked. It is otherwise believed that the culprit had a key.
• An officer was called to a residence on Lighthall Loop Monday afternoon in response to the reported theft of $500 in wiring that had been torn from the walls and theft of an air conditioning and heating unit valued at $1,000. The removal of the items was discovered by the property owner, who had entered to clean the premises.
An officer was dispatched to Sunshine Place Monday afternoon, where it was reported that someone possibly attempting to rob a residence had caused $100 in damage to the front door while trying to gain entry. What appear to be marks left from a pry bar are visible, according to police.
Anyone who has information about these or any other crimes is asked to call Crime Stoppers 888-594-TIPS (8477). Callers to Crime Stoppers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a reward.