A former school teacher was acting in self-defense in 2011 when he fired three shots in the air to warn off crew members of a reality TV production, his lawyer told a jury Monday, Jan 13, 2014. But authorities say Carlos Enrique Barron shot at the production crew, with one bullet striking a van [auth] belonging to Spike TV’s “Repo Games,” because he mistakenly thought they were there to repossess his vehicle. (AP Photo/Las Vegas Review-Journal, handout)
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Nevada judge set bail at $100,000 and a sentencing date for a 43-year-old former schoolteacher jailed after he was found guilty last week in a shooting involving the crew of the reality TV show “Repo Games.”
Carlos Enrique Barron returned Tuesday to the Las Vegas courtroom where he was convicted last Thursday of felony assault with a deadly weapon, carrying a concealed weapon, burglary and misdemeanor discharging a firearm.
He could get probation or up to 22 years behind bars at sentencing May 27.
Barron told jurors he acted in self-defense when he confronted two men in a van that he said was blocking his driveway while other crew members filmed a vehicle repossession scene in his North Las Vegas neighborhood.
Three shots were fired. No one was wounded.