• KBOB’s: Congratulations on the recent opening of the restaurant! It is located in the Sally Port Inn, 2000 N. Main St., and features a fully renovated and upgraded facility in the former Rookie’s bar and restaurant space.
• Dean Baldwin Hangar Improvements: The City of Roswell is partnering with Dean Baldwin and the state of New Mexico to upgrade the mechanical equipment and construct partition walls in the facility. The project, to take place at 82 Earl Cummings Road, building 1083, will cost $2,200,000 and will improve air flow efficiencies for the painting operations at the Roswell International Air Center.
• Atkinson & Berrendo Apartments: A new multi-family quad-plex consisting of 16 units in four [auth] separate buildings is slated to be constructed at the southwest corner of Atkinson and Berrendo roads. The project will feature high-end construction with private drive access to the facilities.
• Church on the Move addition: This new, 22,000-square-foot addition to the existing facility at 901 W. Brasher Road will feature expanded areas for the church. It will also consist of site work and landscaping as well as play courts for activities.
• Jimmy Johns Tenant Improvement: A new tenant has taken over the former Cici’s Restaurant space at 2810 A N. Main St.! The project is a conversion into a sandwich shop. Demolition has begun and construction is soon to follow!
• Westlake Hardware Addition: Westlake is adding on to the front portion of the building to provide more space on the east side of the facility, located at 2810 N. Main St.
• Farmer’s Country Market addition: Farmer’s is enclosing the front portion of the building to provide more space to the east side of the facility at 2810 N. Main St.
• FedEx distribution facility: This new, 23,000-square-foot facility will be constructed in the Brasher Industrial Park between SE Main and South Main streets, at 419 E. Brasher Road. The city of Roswell sold the land to the developer and the tract consists of approximately 5 ½ acres of land which will serve as a distribution facility for the FedEx group.
• Maurice’s: This tenant improvement project will occupy approximately one half of the former Rex Store. The facility, at 4531 N. Main St., will total 6,000 square feet of retail clothing sales.
• Barone Dental Office: This new construction project will feature more than 3,100 square feet of floor area and will consist of high-end finishes. It is currently under construction at 250 W. Country Club Road and moving at a rapid pace!
Development Information – Permits
New Residential permits pulled in December: 1
New Commercial permits pulled in December: 0
Total New Permits Pulled in 2013 (Residential): 50
Total New Permits Pulled in 2013 (Commercial): 4