ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Authorities say one person has been treated for smoke inhalation after an apartment fire in Albuquerque.
City fire officials say crews were dispatch to the three-story senior care facility [auth] shortly after noon Saturday.
Upon arrival, crews discovered smoke on the second floor coming from one room.
They say an electrical short in the air conditioning window unit caused the fire.
There was fire damage to the bedroom of the unit and smoke damage to the apartment.
Fire officials say the person with smoke inhalation was treated at the scene and refused to be transported to a hospital.
No other injuries are reported and authorities say all other residents of the apartment have been allowed to go back into the building.