Autopsy: Drugs killed teen who got ill at concert

October 11, 2013 • State News

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — An autopsy has determined that a 14-year-old Santa Fe girl who became ill at a concert at the state fairgrounds in Albuquerque died from taking a combination of the illegal [auth] drug Ecstasy and an over-the-counter allergy medicine.

New Mexico State Police say Hannah Bruch took the drugs before she and friends entered Expo New Mexico the evening of Aug. 10.

A security guard found the girl ill and she was taken to a hospital where she died.

Police Sgt. Emmanuel Gutierrez says investigators are trying to find out where she got the illicit drug.

Ecstasy is a synthetic, mind-altering drug that acts as both a stimulant and a hallucinogenic.

The girl’s father, Larry Bruch, had told said drugs and peer pressure caused his daughter’s death.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

« »