MENU

Assad denies his forces conducted chemical attack

September 18, 2013 • National News


In this Sunday, Sept. 8, 2013 photo released by the Syrian official news agency SANA, Syrian President Bashar Assad listens during an interview at the presidential palace in Damascus, Syria. Assad says a U.N. report that found “clear and convincing evidence” of a sarin nerve gas attack in Syria last month is “unrealistic” and denies his regime orchestrated the attack that killed hundreds. The interview, broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 18, was conducted in Damascus by former Democratic Congressman Dennis Kucinich, a Fox News contributor and Fox News Channel Senior Correspondent Greg Palkot.(AP Photo/SANA)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Syrian President Bashar Assad said a United Nations report finding “clear and convincing evidence” sarin nerve gas was used in Syria painted an “unrealistic” account, and he denied his government orchestrated the attack.

In an interview with Fox News Channel conducted in the Syrian capital of Damascus and aired Wednesday, Assad said terrorists were to blame for the chemical attack, which the U.S. says killed more than 1,400 people, including hundreds of children. He said evidence that terrorist groups Login to read more

Related Posts

Comments are closed.

« »