I see in various letters to the editor:
• That humankind has only been around for 6,000 years. Ridiculous. Good scientific evidence shows that humans were already wearing animal skins as clothing well over 150,000 years ago. We have powerful genetic evidence that human evolution has been in progress for millions of years. (But oops, I forgot, no evolution. We humans, complete and immutable and unrelated to our environment, were just whipped up one day like a taco salad.)
• That the universe is less than 10,000 years old. Breathtakingly preposterous for numerous reasons.
• That scientists the world over are coming to disavow evolution. Tiresomely often repeated, and untrue.
• That evolution equals Darwin. Untrue, genetics offers the best evidence.
• That mutations in retro-pseudogenes “can only be called speculation.” Tell that to an army of professional geneticists. Such mutations are readily detected and analyzed, and it is Login to read more