Police responded to [auth] a total of 266 service calls, Thursday. At one point, all three shifts were brought in to work to cover the calls.
• Police were called to the 1000 block of Ivy Drive, Thursday, where subjects stole a flatbed trailer, valued at $1,300, along with an air-conditioning unit, valued at $150, $100 worth of copper tubing and a used refrigeration unit, also valued at $150.
• Police were dispatched to the 2400 block of North Mesa Avenue, Thursday, after a victim discovered that a Ford Explorer, valued at $2,500, was stolen.
• Police were called to the 1600 block of South Monroe Avenue, Thursday, where subjects entered a residence and removed a 32-inch Sanyo television and a mountain bike. The items were valued at $630.
• Police responded to a burglary-in-progress call in the 800 block of North Atkinson, Thursday. The subjects got away with a Mitsubishi television, two lawn mowers and a weed eater.
• Police were dispatched to the 3000 block of North Montana Avenue, Thursday, after subjects pried open a door to a shed and stole a truck battery, 4-shelf tool box with tools, two sand tires for a four-wheeler, rocker wheels and Goodyear mud tires. Total losses were estimated at $4,365.
• Police were dispatched to the 300 block of East Lewis Street, Thursday. The 83-year-old subject reported that a known subject entered his front door uninvited, took a DVD player worth $50 and left.
• Police were called to Military Heights, Thursday, where subjects removed a number of Craftsman hand tools from a utility box.
• Police responded to Sally Port Inn, 2000 N. Main St., Thursday, after a visitor from Washington state found more than $1,000 worth of clothes had been stolen from a vehicle.
• Police were dispatched to the 1100 block of North Kentucky Avenue, Thursday, where subjects shattered a window to gain entry into a residence and stole a necklace with a cross, a pocket knife, an HP laptop computer and a Samsung cell phone. The items were valued at $960.
• Police were sent to the 600 block of South Wyoming Avenue, Thursday, after a subject forced entry into a residence and took some dog food, shampoo, a toaster oven, two Goddard championship rings and miscellaneous power and hand tools. The items were valued at $987.
• Police were called to the 200 block of South Atkinson Avenue, Thursday, where subjects threw a brick through a window to gain access to a residence. The victim reported that three silver necklaces, total value $50, were missing.
Police were dispatched to 1400 block of South Union Avenue. Thursday, where subjects took two propane tanks, valued at $75, from a trailer.
Anyone having information about these or any other crimes is asked to contact Crime Stoppers, 888-594-TIPS (8477). Callers may remain anonymous and could be eligible for a reward.