2 pueblos join fireworks ban in NM

June 25, 2013 • State News

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Two pueblos have agreed to join a fireworks ban amid New Mexico’s dangerously dry conditions.

KOAT-TV reports ( that [auth] Santa Clara Pueblo and the Santa Ana Pueblo agreed last week to join a ban on fireworks on the reservation after meeting with Gov. Susana Martinez.

The governor recently met with leaders from all 22 American Indian reservations and told them about the effects of the state’s extreme drought.

Martinez says this is the worst drought the New Mexico has seen in 118 years.

Officials hope to have a list next week of all the pueblos that have banned fireworks.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

« »