ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP[auth] ) — Authorities say a fire that gutted a Rio Rancho house may have been caused by a propane tank explosion.
KOB-TV (http://bit.ly/14XIq1o ) reports that fire crews were called to the scene shortly before 7 a.m. Monday.
Rio Rancho Fire officials say there weren’t any working utilities at the house and several propane bottles were found inside the house.
They say those are indicators that a squatter was living in the house.
Nobody was injured in the fire and no neighboring homes were affected.
Authorities say the fire remains under investigation.