Neighbor Charles Ramsey speaks to media near the home on the 2200 block of Seymour Avenue, where three missing women were rescued in Clevel[auth] and, on Monday, May 6, 2013. Cheering crowds gathered on the street where police said Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight, who went missing about a decade ago and were found earlier in the day. (AP Photo/The Plain Dealer, Scott Shaw) MANDATORY CREDIT CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER
NEW YORK (AP) — McDonald’s says it will reach out to a man widely quoted in accounts of the three women who were found in Cleveland after they went missing about a decade ago.
Charles Ramsey, who lives in the neighborhood where the women were found, noted in an interview with a local TV station that he was eating McDonald’s when the scene unfolded Monday. He also made note of his meal in a 911 call. Both the interview and the 911 call went viral online.
On Tuesday, the world’s biggest hamburger company said on Twitter: “We salute the courage of Ohio kidnap victims & respect their privacy. Way to go Charles Ramsey — we’ll be in touch.”
Representatives for McDonald’s, based in Oak Brook, Ill., did not immediately return calls for comment.