FILE – In this Feb. 1, 2013 file pho to, recording artist Lil Wayne meets fans and celebrates his contemporary street wear apparel brand TRUKFIT at his hometown Macy’s, in New Orleans. The multiplatinum rapper was hospitalized on Friday night, March 15, 2013, and reps confirmed he was “recovering.” A person close to the superstar rapper’s camp who asked for anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter confirmed to The Associated Press that Lil Wayne had a seizure. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, File)
NEW YORK (AP) — Lil Wayne is out of the hospital, according to his Young Money associate Mack Maine.
Mack Maine told his Twitter followers on Monday night that the multiplatinum rapper had left Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, where he had been hospitalized since last week.
Mack Maine tweeted his thanks to the hospital and said Lil Wayne had officially been released and was headed home. He added: “God is great.”
Lil Wayne — who has a history of seizures — was hospitalized last week. A person close to his camp who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation told The Associated Press that a seizure was the cause of his hospitalization.