• Police were called to a local hospital, Saturday, where a man [auth] was being treated for a gunshot wound. The report states that the victim and his assailant were fighting over clothes in the alley in the 500 block of East Fifth Street. The male subject pulled a gun from his pocket, dropped it, retrieved it and shot the victim. The 21-year-old suspect was arrested and charged with aggravated battery and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
• Police received a report of assault, Sunday. The 25-year-old victim who was visiting from Rio Rancho said she was attacked by an unknown female subject who exited a blue four-door vehicle and attacked her with a bottle. Officers noted scratches and superficial wounds on the victim. The subject was described as 5-feet, 2-inches, weight 140 pounds with dark complexion and long black hair.
• A Roswell Police De-partment officer heard six shots fired somewhere south of the Roswell Police Department, late Wednesday. Another officer observed a male subject walking in front of the apartments at the intersection of Hendricks Street and Lea Avenue. When the officer exited the patrol unit, the suspect fled. He was discovered hiding in a vehicle parked on the 400 block of West Hendricks Street. The suspect informed the officer that he had a gun. The man was arrested and charged with carrying a deadly weapon and evading a peace officer.
• Police responded to the 500 block of West Sixth Street, Monday, after a report of shots fired. Officials located casings in the street. Witnesses reported seeing a dark, older-style Chevy Impala or Caprice driving south on North Missouri Avenue.
• Police were dispatched to the 3200 block of North Garden Avenue, Friday, for a shots fired call. The investigation revealed that the rear wall of a residence had been struck by bullets.
• Police were called to the 300 block of East Eighth Street, Sunday, where two people were reported fighting. The officer discovered gun casings at the scene.
Police responded to Pecos Elementary School, 600 E. Hobbs St., Wednesday, where a 10-year-old was found in possession of marijuana. The police issued a juvenile arrest citation and the child was turned over to the care of his mother.
Police were dispatched to Pro-cuts, 4504 N. Main St., Saturday, after a man left a fake $20 bill on the counter to pay for a haircut.
• Police were called to the 500 block of South Beech Avenue, Saturday, where subjects entered an unlocked vehicle, stealing a wallet and some cash.
• Police were sent to the 500 block of South Holland Avenue, Saturday. The victim reported that someone pried open a door on the driver’s side of the vehicle and took a laptop computer and an undisclosed amount of cash. Losses were estimated at $1,200.
Anyone having information about these or any other crimes is asked to contact Crime Stoppers, 888-594-TIPS (8477). Callers may remain anonymous and could be eligible for a reward.