FILE – In this March 23, 2012 file photo, actor Joe Pesci sits court-side at the NBA basketball game between the Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Lakers, in Los Angeles. An attorney for Pesci said Monday Feb. 4, 2013, that the Oscar-winning actor had settled a $3 million lawsuit against the makers of a planned biopic on the Gotti crime family for undisclosed terms. (AP Photo/Danny Moloshok, File)
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Joe Pesci has settled a lawsuit filed against a company planning a biopic on the Gotti crime family.
The Oscar-winner sued Fiore Films in July 2011 claiming the filmmakers reneged on a deal for a $3 million role in the film and were offering him a lesser part in the project and a lower payday.
Pesci’s attorney Jessica Trotter confirmed Monday that a settlement had been reached in the case but said she could not provide any details.
Michael Froch, an attorney for Fiore Films, said he could only confirm the case had been dismissed.
Pesci’s lawsuit stated the actor gained 30 pounds in anticipation of playing a childhood friend and enforcer of crime boss John Gotti Sr.
The film, “Gotti: In the Shadow of My Father,” has not started filming.