FILE – This Dec. 1, 1981 file photo shows actress Natalie Wood. A Los Angeles sheriff’s detective said Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013, that actor-husband, Robert Wagner, has not consented to an interview in their renewed inquiring into Wood’s 1981 drowning, but an attorney for the actor and his family says he has fully cooperated with authorities. (AP Photo/File)
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Robert Wagner has declined to be interviewed by detectives in a renewed inquiry into the drowning death of his wife Natalie Wood three decades ago, an investigator said Thursday.
Wagner was interviewed by authorities soon after Wood’s drowning in 1981, but the actor is the only person who was on the yacht the night Wood died who has not spoken to detectives as part of the latest inquiry, despite repeated requests and attempts, sheriff’s Lt. John Corina said.
Blair Berk, an attorney for Wagner and his family, said the actor had cooperated with authorities since his wife died.
Detectives began re-investigating the case in November 2011. Since then investigators have interviewed more than 100 people, but Wagner has refused and Corina said the actor’s representatives have not given any reason for his silence.
The detective’s remarks provided new insight into the case that has remained one of Hollywood’s enduring mysteries. Earlier this week, coroner’s officials Login to read more