MENU

Child killed in ATV crash

July 17, 2012 • Local News

A Roswell child was killed in a rollover ATV crash on Friday.

Around 7 p.m., officers from the New Mexico State Police responded to the scene of a single ATV crash on Oasis Road within Chaves County. The crash involved a Honda Recon ATV, driven by Raelynn Holloway, 8, of Roswell.

Initial investigation by the State Police determined that Raelynn Holloway was operating the ATV with her 4- year-old Login to read more

Related Posts

6 Responses to Child killed in ATV crash

1. aegarcia says:

HMMMM Dont see their parents in any kind of trouble???? No supervision by a parent??

• kmbrmky says:

I think the loss of their child will be more punishment than law could ever give them. They are wonderful, loving parents who were nearby, so “lack of supervision” is a very broad statement. When a child is in another room from their parent one could claim “lack of supervision.” It was an accident, plain and simple and there is no need for finger pointing and blame. However, I hope something can be learned from this awful tragedy and her short life and death will not be in vain.

2. interestedinnews says:

Your child being in another room and on a vehicle that is capable of going 60 miles per hour with no helmets and no supervision cannot be compared In any way. I feel horrible for their loss but more horrible for what they have now done to two of their children. One is gone and the other will feel the death of her sister was her fault for the rest of her life!! I pray that the two remaining children survive such poor parenting. A helmet would have saved Ravae’s life. Or a simple, No you may not ride an ATV without a helmet, with an 8 year old driving and where I am unable to watch you!

3. lacyflo says:

You know, there are many people critisizing the family for Ravae not wearing a helmet. However, how many parents out there make their kids wear a helmet while riding a 4 wheeler and how many adults do not wear one? These accidents happen everyday and you can say that there was lack of supervision, but the big picture is that they lost their little girl. Instead of critisizing the family, why can’t everybody just pray for them during this tough time. They are surrounded by love and support in this community and that is how it should be.

4. marie.sanders says:

The loss of a child is tragic and no parent should have to go through it. Blame will not heal the pain or the regrets the parents probably have. Prayers and support are needed for this family at this time.

• enmur says:

You know there are so many of you out there that are so quick to blame! So it was a bad decision, I am sure that all of you that can quickly start pointing fingers has always made the right decisions, I beg to differ! You may want to watch yourself and what you have to say! Only God knows why!!! Who know’s, cudda been a different way of death even if she did have a helmet on! And remember, regardless of how protective a person can be ACCIDENTS still happen in one form or another, regardless! My heart goes out to the family and especially the sister. My prayers are with her especially. I feel your loss believe me. God bless all of them and may he keep them all sain.

« »