House fire south of Las Cruces leaves woman dead

January 16, 2012 • State News

LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP) — A woman has died in a mobile home fire in the community of Berino south of Las Cruces.

Firefighters [auth] from several Dona Ana County communities and from El Paso battled the fire in the double-wide mobile home early Sunday morning.

Captain Kellen Tarkington of Dona Ana County Emergency Services says in a news release that the woman was unable to escape and perished in the fire.

The Office of the Medical Examiner in Albuquerque will identify the body and notify her relatives.

Flames were already shooting through the roof of the home when the first crews arrived.

The county Fire Marshal found the fire was caused by an improperly installed chimney pipe.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

« »